Saturday Oct 01
Parish / Community
The ninth annual Walk To Remember for Perinatal and Infant Loss will be Saturday, Oct. 1, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Huntertown Family Park Pavilion, 2303 Woods Rd., in Huntertown.
The Walk offers something for everyone. A highlighted activity is a one mile memorial walk around the park following a banner with your baby’s name on it. Other stations with additional activities will be available, such as:
– Resource Tent: Filled with information on many area organizations that specialize in memorial items, support groups, and more.
– Chalk Art: A wonderful activity for the entire family to draw on a section of the 1-mile path to remember your baby.
– Family Craft: This year’s craft is decorating a flowerpot, with forget-me-not seed to plant.
– Family Photography: Beautiful props and a professional photographer will capture your family – a keepsake that can be added to the ways you continue to remember and honor your angel baby’s memory.
– Refreshments: Donations from Prairie Farms and other local companies provide milk, juice, coffee, hot cocoa, snacks, and baked goods.
– Free Raffle: A few lovely care baskets will be raffled off. Something to bring a smile to your day, if just for a moment. You will receive a ticket to enter to win whichever basket you would like.
– Balloon Release: each family will receive a balloon following the memorial walk, which they can write a message to their angel baby, which will be released together.
A gentle reminder that absolutely everything at Walk to Remember is at no cost. Everything is FREE to participate in.