NOTRE DAME — The diocesan Office of Family Life will be hosting the third biennial Diocesan Marriage and Family Conference on Saturday, March 29, at the Notre Dame Conference Center (McKenna Hall). The conference will begin at 9:30 a.m. and will adjourn at 4:30 p.m.
Bishop Kevin C. Rhoades will open the conference with Morning Prayer and a reflection. Dr. Ray Guarendi, an internationally known speaker, author and host of his own radio show, will speak at both plenary sessions on “Marriage: Small Steps, Big Rewards” and “Standing Strong as a Parent.”
The conference will also feature two workshop sessions. The sessions will include three workshops from which to choose. Topics will include theology of the Eucharist and marriage, communication and intimacy in marriage, family life, parenting issues, and the Christian family as the Church of the home. Confirmed workshop and panelist speakers include Msgr. Michael Heintz, Fred and Lisa Everett, Theresa Thomas and John Sikorski.
The schedule includes:
• 8:30 a.m. — Registration and continental breakfast
• 9:30 a.m. — Morning Prayer, Bishop Kevin C. Rhoades
• 10 a.m. — Plenary Session 1: “Marriage: Small Steps, Big Rewards,” Dr. Ray Guarendi
• 11 a.m. — Break
• 11:25 a.m. — Workshop Session 1: “Creating a Big-Hearted Family,” Theresa Thomas; “Building Communication and Intimacy in Marriage,” Lisa Everett; “Pope Francis and the Domestic Church,” John Sikorski.
• 12:15 p.m. — Lunch
• 1:05 p.m. — Plenary Session 2: “Standing Strong as a Parent,” Dr. Ray Guarendi
• 2 p.m. — Break
• 2:25 p.m. — Workshop Session 2: “When the Giver becomes the Gift: the Eucharist and Marriage,” Msgr. Michael Heintz; “Building Communication and Intimacy in Marriage” (repeat), Lisa Everett; “Pope Francis and the Domestic Church” (repeat), John Sikorski.
• 3:15 p.m. — Break
• 3:40 p.m. — Panel discussion: “Handing on the Faith to our Children”
• 4:30 p.m. — Closing Prayer
To register for the conference, go directly to the conference website at cce.nd.edu or call the Notre Dame Conference Center at (574) 631-6691 for more information. The cost for this daylong conference, which includes continental breakfast, a boxed lunch and afternoon snacks, is $35 per person.
Participants are asked to indicate their workshop preferences in order to assist in guaranteeing proper room space. College or graduate students are welcome to attend any of the plenary or workshop sessions at no cost.
The best news. Delivered to your inbox.
Subscribe to our mailing list today.